Making a garden in the middle of a barren wasteland is incredibly difficult. That's why you need to help collect enough materials to help the Garden Grow!
- Jump on clouds to water the flowers!
- Jump on birds for their droppings to fertilize the flowers!
- DON'T jump on thunderclouds, they'll burn your precious flowers!
- Collect powerups to stay up in the sky longer!
Controls for computers:
Left and Right Arrow Keys to move left and right
Controls for touchscreen:
Press on the right side of the screen to move right
Press on the left side of the screen to move left
Made by Justin Oon Chun Xiong
This game incorporates both the Growing and Two Button Controls theme (as well as 1GAM's Questgiver theme). It was completed relatively early in the jam, mostly to make up for the shameful display on the last LD. Either way, I'm quite happy with what I've got! How many flowers can you grow?
Post-Compo Update 1.1
- Art has now been made consistent!
- Save data in the browser. Keeps track of high score, flowers, birds and magic.*
- Garden spawns flowers according to the score.**
- Birds have been nerfed from 5 flowers to 3.
- Thunderclouds have been buffed from -3 flowers to -7.
* Magic is given for each box taken and for each jump on a thundercloud.
** Feature is incomplete in this build. Spawnings are a bit messy with the big flowers spawning in front of smaller flowers. 3 tiers of flowers are available, denoting 1, 10 and 100 flowers respectively.
Post-Compo Update 1.2
- Mega Flower added, worth 1000 flowers
- Addition of new NPCs!
--- Bird Feeder
----- Gives bonuses in exchange for flowers
----- Gives bonuses in exchange for birds
----- Gives bonuses in exchange for magic
- NPCs sell temporary buffs that last for one round (except the Gardener)
----- Trades 1 bird for 5 flowers
----- Trades 1 magic for 10 flowers
--- Bird Feeder
----- Increases the flower value of birds (+3 to +7)
----- Increases bird spawn rates (5 seconds to 3 seconds)
----- Spawns more magic boxes from above
----- Increases the powerup duration by 50%
----- Jumping on lightning clouds destroy less flowers (-7 to -3)
----- A second try when you die
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.