good mixing, i like it!
IMPORTANT: Reading the instructions in the game or in the text below is HIGHLY recommended. The game can get a bit complicated...
Have you ever played a 15-puzzle or sliding puzzle before? You know the one, where there's one free space, and you need to move the tiles to complete a picture? Combine that with the elements of a dungeon crawl, and you have Dungeon Slide! Try your hand with this puzzle / RPG, and see how much treasure you can escape with!
Dungeon Slider is mobile-friendly! If you have a phone with a browser and a touchscreen, you can play directly!
This has been a rather fun game to make, even though I didn't make it in time for the LD41 compo. There's still plenty of room for improvement; consider this build a prototype, or proof of concept.
HOW TO PLAY
- You can move any tile that's adjacent to an empty space by tapping / clicking on it!
- Not only can you move your hero, but enemies, treasure, and even blank tiles too!
- Your goal is to get the hero to the exit, while collecting as much treasure as possible!
- The exit is ALWAYS at the bottom-right of the map.
- Click on the Magnifying Glass button to view the floor layout!
- Warning! This action costs mana to perform, and you only start with 3! Use it wisely!
- Blessed ground (the floor tile with a cross) will protect heroes and treasure that is standing atop of it!
- When you reach the exit, any treasure that's on top of blessed ground will be collected!
- Treasure that is NOT on blessed ground will not be obtained!
- When a player or an enemy moves, they will 'attack' in the direction they're moving!
- Attacking consumes Power, so be mindful of how many attacks you have left!
- Monsters can 'attack' treasure and destroy them! Be careful!
- Use the ? button to view stats of units and floor tiles. This is helpful to discern the special abilities of each enemy!
- Some levels require you to place a key over a keyhole to unlock the exit!
- At the start of every floor, your HP, Power and Mana are refilled!
- GraphicsGale - Pixel art
- GameMaker Studio - Game engine
- Added new enemies!
- Cannot be attacked when its spikes are out
- A threat that prevents players from moving in certain directions
- Digs underground when on a blank floor tile, and burrows out when an empty space moves over it!
- Forces the player to have better memory, or check the floor more often
- Transfers any damage it receives to the player! Can be attacked by other monsters!
- Forces the player to be aware of more tiles in order to protect themselves. As it stands, it's very easy to avoid damage!
- UI changes
- After feedback, X button is switched with a Home icon instead
- Buttons will now flash when toggled on, encouraging players to tap on them again
- Tutorial can now be accessed in-game as well, instead of just the main menu.