The teleporter's out of energy, but at the end of this small dungeon lies a battery with just enough juice for a jump! Will you be able to retrieve the battery, or will you be stuck here forever?
Thanks for trying out my game! This was made in 48 hours for the Ludum Dare 39 compo! It's a pretty difficult one, but if you do manage to beat it, let me know your final score in the comments! You can find the link to the Ludum Dare game page here!
HOW TO PLAY + TIPS:
1. A battery must be plugged into the console before you can play!
2. The bouncing green circle charges batteries that it touches!
3. Press the power button to turn on the console!
4. The button on the left toggles the backlight, the one on the right toggles sound!
5. Having one toggled on doubles the battery's usage, tripled if both are on!
6. AD to move, W to jump, S to use your shield!
7. The shield makes you impervious to damage, but you are unable to move for half a second!
8. Save points save your progress; make sure you touch them, or you'll have to do over!
9. Death floors will activate randomly, listen out for the cue!
10. Sawblades blend in well with the background, keep the backlight on! Or you can squint real hard, that's okay too.
11. Ghosts randomly appear after you obtain the battery; kill them with your shield!
12. Your time score is calculated EVEN WHEN THE GAME IS OFF. Getting a good score means managing your batteries properly!
13. After obtaining the battery at the end of the level, you must travel back to the start of the level where the teleporter awaits!
- GraphicsGale - Pixel art
- bfxr.net - Sound effects
- fakemusicgenerator.com - Randomly generated music
- GXSCC - Coverting Midi to 8bit
- Audacity - Cropping audio
- Game Maker Studio - Game engine
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.